Monday 11 August 2014

Supermoon over Christchurch

Tonight there's a beautiful yellow Supermoon hanging over Christchurch (and probably other places as well). I'd love to post a photo but unfortunately my camera doesn't see exactly what I do - not really into the optical illusion that my mind is currently grooving on. Keeps taking a picture of a tiny flat white satellite. Not. Even. Trying.

Apparently it's going to be twenty years or so until the moon is orbiting this close to the planet again - my partner keeps gleefully referring to this as my "last chance to see it in my lifetime" opportunity. Considering he's nine years older I intend to have the last laugh on that one.

So in summary, instead of writing today I've been staring out the window at the moon. Because, science.






Send to Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment