Saturday 16 August 2014

The last of us

Video games are a great way to avoid doing the things in life you should really be doing. The last of us remastered for PS4 is a way to do that with beautiful scenery, harrowing murders, nightmare inducing clicking sounds, and an emotionally rich storyline.

I spent most of the day fighting my way through a hotel, gunning down and letting my little companion gun down hoodlums in a small shopping centre, getting around the back of an armoured truck-tank hybrid, and then I met a friend.

I haven't had one since Tess made the painful decision to go down in a hail of bullets rather than turn - and no, Bill doesn't count as a friend when he's so overly fond of tripwires - and there was even a little companion for my little companion which is also nice to see.

However, I have a feeling this will end in tears.

Actually, I'm sure this will end in tears because I played through this game over a year ago when it came out for PS3. Although I'd forgotten all about them until I started to beat the hell out of the father and then Elle drew my attention to the son. He was pointing a gun at me.

Nice to make friends.

I was forced to stop playing when a warning message appeared on-screen telling me that my controller was out of juice. It reminded me that there'd been a message a half-hour earlier saying it was probably a fine idea to plug it in and re-charge it.

I wish the same thing happened when internet browsing, which is where I immediately turned when the PS4 was no longer an option. Five hours in and I'm still happily looking up rubbish and following links to more rubbish. Or, learning as I generously call it.

Anything other than what I should be doing. Will-power much?

Send to Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment