Sunday 31 August 2014

Well this is awkward

I was working through our holiday itinerary the other day - yes we have an itinary 1) catch plane 2) get off in holiday-land - and I realised that the date that we arrived reminded me of something. Hmmmm. Now - what was that. We're away for ten days so there's a few things happening? The election? No - that's a different date and we've made arrangements for that anyway. Our rental car? Well, yes but I'm sure there was something... something else...

Oh, that's right. On the same date that we go on holiday my giveaway on Goodreads ends. The same date that I'm meant to autograph, address, wrap, and post five books out to complete strangers is the day we also have to be at the airport at 4.10am (yes AM that's not a misprint.)

So one of those things is not going to happen, right? Can you guess which one?

Never even crossed my mind to check the end date. I waited until the books arrived because I didn't want to look like a dick if I listed them and then they took the full eight weeks possible to get to me so I was late sending them and made a very bad first impression with the readers who (some at least) I very much hope are going to take the time at some point to tell the rest of the Goodreads community what they thought and I don't want to skew that the wrong way.

On the bright side I'm soon going to be on holiday for two weeks in what I think is the nicest place on earth (after Christchurch of course) - Mission Beach, Tropical North Queensland, Australia.

I'll stress out about it when I get back home. I'm sure I'll be able to deal with it better then.

Send to Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment