Sunday 7 September 2014

Countdown to holiday

Well, I've spent most of the day charging up every single electronic device that I possess in anticipation of our holiday which begins next Saturday. I've a cute USB station shaped like a robot, and his little arms and legs were all filled up with plugs all morning. As soon as one charged up I swapped it out for another.

I've also dug out the pretty pale blue instant camera that I bought last year on a whim, and last used on our holiday a year ago. Still, I hold out hope that it'll come in handy. After all, it's possible that my phone may run out of battery at just the wrong time to take a much better photo with more detail, more realistic colours, and the ability to transmit anywhere around the world at a moment's notice. Or, I may decide that it's far easier to carry around a large, heavy, poor-at-taking-photos-but-amusing-at-spitting-them-out camera. Especially as we're expecting the weather to be around 28 degrees each day (for those of you on Fahrenheit rest assured that's a lovely hot temperature.)

My bags are packed up with all my summer clothing. It's a very easy thing to be packed up as I wouldn't dream of wearing any summer clothing at the moment for fear that my fingers and toes would go blue. Or unless I piled a decent layer of winter woolies over top and cranked up the heat-pump.

Now there's just the last-day items to remember.
1) Clean underwear, freshly laundered on the night before we go.
2) Personal items that will be used up until the last minute and then tossed in the bag such as hair-brush, fudge (for hair - not eating), toothbrush, and razor.
3) Phone, Kindle, Laptop - into my bag as the taxi pulls up at the door at the ungodly hour of 4.15am (my oversize handbag that is - I need something to do on the flight)

I feel a tiny bit aggrieved that tomorrow I still have to go to work, and will continue to have to for the entire working week, but I imagine that feeling will pass.

By Friday afternoon I reckon. Bon Voyage.

Send to Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment