Wednesday 22 October 2014

Finished.

Hooray. I have officially finished the first draft of my latest novel. Wholehearted awesomeness all-around.

I already have a list of notes for my second draft, and will undoubtedly spend the next couple of days jotting down all the things that I should've written instead of the ones I actually did. But that's something I can worry about another day. Or, this weekend for starters.

It's going to be so much easier doing the second draft than the first draft because I'm getting on much better with my characters, and I'm really just going through and filling in all the gaps with putty to make sure everything makes some sort of sense.

And then the third draft will be even easier still because that's just sorting out the sentence structure, and making sure it all sounds okay when you read it. Yes, that's me muttering to myself at the back of the bus as I read my own book out loud. So too is normal.

And then it's just a matter of handing my beautiful baby girl off to complete strangers to read and make fun of. Or, a better reaction, go all gaga over.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. For the moment I'm just happy with the thought that today I'm giving myself the night off writing. Apart from this blog obviously.

Send to Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment