Friday 7 November 2014

Cup Day Dress-up

It's only a couple more days until Cup Day. I'm not foolish enough to actually go to the races and be thrown up on by young girls who are wearing little more than belts and high heels, but I always reserve the right to dress up as though I am.

Saves a lot on the dry-cleaning.

Evil clothing elves have even afforded me a genuine reason to purchase a brand new dress for the occasion rather than just making do. There's been a little bit of that going on lately - it's far more difficult to get inspired to try to lose my sudden-change-of-medication weight pile-on when I'm getting a new wardrobe out of the deal.

A talented woman at work has even fashioned a fascinator for me. It matches beautifully to my shoes and my handbag, which is lucky because my dress came from a completely different colour spectrum. Can't have everything going together though, can you? Or is that in this season? Who can keep track?

There'll be strawberries and bubbles for breakfast on Tuesday. The bubbles in question will be of the non-alcoholic variety, but the strawberries will be the real thing. And then I believe later on in the day there might be something else happening. Aside from the best-dressed competitions I mean. What is that again..?

Send to Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment