Tuesday 17 February 2015

The many uses for a sonic screwdriver

After attending the Doctor Who Symphonic Spectacular on Sunday I came away with wondrous memories of horrible horrible monsters, and a bit of tool envy.

Every time a Dalek attempted to exterminate the assembled human hordes little kids whipped out their sonic screwdrivers and forced them back.

And what did I do? I sat there and watched them.

Useless.

Therefore when the twenty minute interval came about I took out my phone and searched for a price on a sonic screwdriver. I was definitely just interested in a price range. Yip.

Did you know it takes less than five minutes to sign up as a new customer, fill out a profile and make up a password, and then order a sonic screwdriver modeled on the twelfth doctor's version?

Well you do now, and so do I.

It arrived this morning and I have such plans for this little beauty. Pretending to wave it in front of locked doors while surreptitiously swiping my access card. Pretending to scan people who come to my desk just to freak them out a little. Using it to control the order of speakers inside a Team Leaders' meeting when I'm the facilitator.

Such fun.

And if a Dalek just happens to swing by at any particular point in time, I'm ready for it. Whom shall exterminate whom?

Send to Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment