Saturday 21 March 2015

Nearly back

After my incident earlier in the week where my book decided to go for a nice stroll and never came back, I'm happy to announce I'm almost back in the same place that I was.

Oddly enough, it doesn't look or feel the same as it did the first time. The same basic stuff happens, but all the characters are thinking with different words in their heads, and different similes in their minds eye.

I don't know why it comes out different every time, except that if it didn't the second draft would just be the first draft, retyped. The characters are coming through a bit stronger too, bolshy things both of them.

Having lost a week's work, and forever changed the course of the first quarter of my book, you'll all be pleased to know now that I am once again backing up to the cloud.

And this time, when I say backing up to the cloud, I actually mean backing up to the cloud as opposed to previously when I meant not doing that at all.

So, all in all, a good week. I lost work, I put work back, I'm in the same place I was. One step back and one step forward. It's almost like exercising on a treadmill, but without all the sweat.

And having spent time redoing the same things, I'm actually looking forward to seeing where these peeps go next. As opposed to just complaining about the work that involves.

If I'm going to get back on track completely, expect that next week.

Send to Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment