Tuesday 14 July 2015

Finished! (for the time being)

After waking up at the ungodly hour of four o'clock this morning, I have worked hard all day (some paid, some unpaid) and am happy to say that I've finally finished my latest manuscript.

And when I say finished, I mean I've sent it off to a proofreader and I'll probably start making another slew of corrections in a few week's time.

But for now that's in the future. I'm just happy to be done with it for the moment, and if I could still drink I'd have a glass of champagne to celebrate.

Now I get to go back to the fun part of writing, designing the book cover.

Oh, and the book blurb. Can't forget that. Sometimes it's the best bit!

Formatting, reformatting, trying to get rid of that mysteriously blank page in the middle. All of that lays before me like a funpark ride that's broken down in the rain.

Chocolate!

That wasn't an order, I just remembered that's something celebratory that I can actually have it (don't tell my doctor).

Well, for the next ten minutes until I go to bed it's going to be a full-on party at my house.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Congrats for being done with your manuscript (for now anyway).
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straighforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete