Sunday 16 August 2015

Enraptured

Last year I purchase a PS4 for myself for my birthday.

There was a lot of consideration involved, as it hadn't been long since I'd purchased a PS3 for myself, and although I get use out of it I don't really get enough use to justify buying a new model so soon after.

On the other hand, it was my birthday and it had been out for a long time already (months!) so it wasn't like I was queuing at the Apple store or anything.

Back to the first hand however, I still hadn't even played half of the games for the PS3 that I'd bought. Admittedly, this was because they suck eggs and you often don't find that out until after making the purchase, but still this was a convincing reason for a second thought.

What finally tipped my hand was when The Chinese Room announced that they'd signed up to a Sony exclusive and were bringing their new game, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, out on PS4. Exclusively.

Once I heard that it was just a matter of when and which address to get it delivered to.

Since then I've been waiting. I've also been playing a lot of PS4 games and stuff, but mainly I've been waiting.

I loved Dear Esther. I loved the fact that you couldn't lose. I loved the way when I accidentally walked off the side of a cliff (yeah that can happen) the screen went black and then a voice whispered 'come back' and I did.

Since then I've been waiting for a game which you can wander around in not-dying until it ends. If they invent a genre that this falls into, then I'm definitely heavily into that genre.

So, a mere year later, which in game-coming-out-time is a blink of the eye, and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture finally came out.

I purchased it the first moment I had free time available and sat down eagerly to play me some rapture.

Estimated download time 11 hours.

Sony. For the players.

1 comment:

  1. I see you're a kid at heart like I am. Enjoy! I have to stay away from stuff like that though, because I tend to get very addicted to them. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete