Tuesday 11 August 2015

Not that I'm counting

I have currently just finished Wednesday on the count down of my last week of work before taking a six month sabbatical to concentrate on my writing.

Or gaming. It's yet to be decided.

It's getting to that time where there's limited amount of hours available to do everything that needs to be done, but with every decreasing hour my ability to care likewise decreases.

There's notes there, after all. Take all the loving attention that went into making them, and use them for their intended purpose. If they turn out to be unfit for purpose, surely it's better to find out after I leave? Oh, wait...

Better for me, anyhow.

When I turned up sleep-eyed and sleepy-brained the other day, my team-mates observed that next week I could start to sleep-in during weekdays and wouldn't that be a relief. I confidently asserted that actually I was going to get up at my usual work wake-up time because I was working, just on other things.

Their universal laughter may not have been entirely unwarranted.

When I mentioned working to another team in the office, they politely inquired if that was another term I used for gaming.

Yeah, it is, but that's also beside the point.

With such low expectations I'm caught in that weird cross-fire between wanting to show them all, and wanting to ditch it and just give in to the inevitable.

It may need to wait until I have an insomniac night and the alarm goes at 5.30am before I find out which way I tumble.

But, hey. I can write at any time of the day. It doesn't necessarily need to be during work hours, right?

Send to Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment